Monday, January 19, 2009

A Personal Moment - A life without

I don't know about you but I think or would hope that every individual is blessed with at least two things; One is a talent and the other is a release. Hopefully your talent and release are connected in some way. Performing your talent would help you release your fears, frustration, sadness or whatever else ails you, to give you moments of joy unparalleled by the cosmetic or commercial things in your life. That talent and that release is something in your bones, soul and mind where no one can take that away from you. Well, so you think. 

I am not sure if I have a talent, I am not a very cook, I cannot hit a 95 mph fastball, I cannot paint your portrait or even break dance but I always thought of writing as my release and a talent I can work at. It has been one year to the day that my block started. I have written some scraps and some notes but nothing of value and nothing I care to share. My struggling attempts to build a talent has been on the lamb for a year and I am left without a release. The fears, frustrations, sadness along with the other ailments of my life reside inside this body lacking a map, flashlight, compass and key to escape.

No one has kidnapped my writing. My hand has not been broken even though the same could not be said for my mind and heart. My computer is ever present. My thoughts have been running a marathon in which the conclusion never seems to be near. I do not know how to get back on this horse and I am even running out of metaphors for this blog. I can only blame myself for losing my talent and release. 

It is amazing how your sadness brought upon by continuing failures becomes heightened by an incapability to do what you love the most. Once again... I hope your talent and your release never leave your side. No one can take it away from you but you might lose it along your way and the trouble is finding it once it is has been lost.  

No comments: