Thursday, September 24, 2009

And I Say This with Every Amount of Sincerity I Can Muster .... to the summer past... FUCK YOU!


Usually summer is a time to embrace the warmth of the sun and a sunny disposition but this summer has meant nothing but personal rejection, creative failures, financial dependence, romantic alienation, family turmoil and the actualization that life is a very fragile thing.

to the summer of 2009 - Fuck You !

that is all I can really say. I cannot change the heartbreak. I cannot change the minds of others. I cannot vanquish illness with a thought. I can cope and move forward but with a message to days past - Fuck You!

It might seem immature for an adult(?) to vent his frustrations with a shout, a finger and a new mentality to deny past events of any thoughtful consideration but I am not sure what else to do. It was a horrible summer, maybe the worst of my life. I welcome the fall and the chance for something better.

as fall approaches I can embrace what happens next and hope rock bottom has turned to rock solid. What happens next... A birthday to celebrate moral victory over defeat, a moment to give thanks for family and friends not lost or forgotten, and a holiday that I hope unifies those I see frequently with those I wish to see more of. Preparations for new adventures, new cities, new friends and new ideas all coming soon to a landscape near you.


To the selfish and cowardly this was not your fault but my salute is in your honor - Fuck You! To those who think I am simply not ready - Fuck You! To those who think I should change who I am to reflect your beliefs and ideals - Fuck You!

To those who are suffering through similar struggles, for better or for worse - I understand and wish you the best of luck. To those who believe in me and support me - Thank you.

No comments: